Redmi is a sub-brand owned by the Xiaomi Corporation. Xiaomi Corporation is a Chinese multinational electronics company founded in April 2010 and headquartered in Beijing. Redmi was first announced in July 2013 as a budget smartphone line up and became a separate sub-brand of Xiaomi in the year 2019 with entry-level and mid-range devices, while Xiaomi itself produces upper-range and flagship Mi phones. Nowadays Redmi is focusing on budget mobile devices and Mi is focusing on designing and manufacturing 5G mobile phones. Below is the process of installing the flash file on your Redmi Note 4 smartphone.
Redmi 4 series was announced in the year 2017 and Redmi Note 4 was launched in January 2017. Redmi Note 4 is powered by a powerful Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 which is a 14 nm chipset with Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 506 GPU. The display on the Redmi Note 4 is a 5.5 inches TFT LCD with a 401 PPI density. The smartphone comes in three variants 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 3GB RAM and 64GB 4GB RAM. The smartphone comes with a single 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera, both the cameras support recording up to 1080p. All this is powered by a 4100 mAh Lithium-Ion battery. This device comes with all the necessary sensors like Accelerometer and Proximity sensors. This smartphone comes in 3 different colours Dark Gray, Gold, Black and Lake. Blue
Redmi Note 4 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and can be upgraded to MIUI 11 which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. But MIUI has some disadvantages like the device is shipped with a lot of bloatware and contains a lot of ads.
What is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 flash file?
Let us leaned what is a flash file in this paragraph. Generally, the flash file is the combination of these following components. First is Operating System, it is the most important software component that helps us to harness the power of the hardware present on our device. Second is the bootloader, it is responsible for loading the operating system in the memory / RAM when the device is booted up. The third is Kernel, it is responsible for disk management, memory management and other resource management on the device. Fourth is recovery image, it helps the device when any of the updates is ready to install or when the device can’t work appropriately.
If any of the above components don’t function as they were supposed to then installing the flash file can help you regain this functionality. Flashing the flash file reinstalls all the above components and if there was any problem in the components this can help.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Installing the flash file on your Redmi Note 4 can help you solve the issues mentioned below –
- If you have lost your device’s unlock password or pattern and hard reset or factory reset is not working then installing the flash file can help you solve this issue.
- If the performance of your device is not as it was 1 or 2 years back then this can be because of bloatware then flashing the file can help you significantly increase the performance of your device.
- It can also solve the problem of boot loop.
How to install flash file firmware in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4?
Don’t forget to backup all your data as this flashing process will delete all the data your device. And do follow all the steps that are given below.
Here, we will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is only provided for educational purposes. Any harm caused to your device by following this instructional exercise is your obligation. We won’t be liable for any sort of harm to your device.
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 flash file and the required tools
Download the files given below and extract the files. Make sure that you extract them to the work area as we have to get to them later on.
Steps to flash Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 firmware file –
Always use a decent quality USB cable to connect your device to the computer before continuing with the process of flashing the file to your device. Also, make sure that your device is charged up to 60% before flashing the flash file to your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 device.
- First, we have to install the Qualcomm USB Driver package on the computer.
- Extract the file downloaded from above Driver link and open the folder.
- Double click on Qualcomm USB Driver.exe to launch the Setup window.
- Select Ethernet Checkbox and Click on the Next button.
- Now again click on next and then accept the terms in the licence agreement.
- Click on Install button and again click on Install. After the installation is complete click on Finish.
- Restart the computer and now proceed with the flashing process.
- Now let us install Xiaomi Flash Tool on the computer. Extract the Flash Tool.
- Power Off your Redmi Note 4 and press and hold Volume Down + Power key for at lear 10 second.
- Your device will now enter Fastboot Mode. Now connect the Xiaomi device using the USB Cable.
- Open the Xiaomi Flash Tool and find the Firmware and click on OK.
- Click on the Refresh Button and you can see the Redmi Note 4 in the Xiaomi Flash Tool.
- On the upper right-hand side click on Flash button to begin the installation of the flash file.
- You can see the completed message in the Xiaomi Flash Rool after the flashing process is complete.
- Congratulation! The installation of the flash file is now successful on your Redmi Note 4 mobile device.
- Now disconnect the device from the computer and Switch ON the smartphone.
In this tutorial, you have successfully learned about the installation of the flash file on your Redmi Note 4. You have also learned what is a flash file and what are the tools you need to flash the file on your mobile device. You have also learned what is bloatware and how can you remove it from your device.