Gionee is a Chinese smartphone manufacturing company based in Shenzhen, Guangdong and it was launched in 2002. Gionee was offering a wide range of mobile phones including smartphones, feature phones & phablets in India. It was one of China’s largest mobile phone manufacturers. But due to the financial crisis, the company was forced to shut down its operations in various countries.
Gionee P5W was launched in December 2015. The smartphone comes with a 720p display and a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. Gionee P5W is powered with a 1.3 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6735 processor. And it comes with only one variant of 1 GB RAM. If we talk about the cameras on the Gionee P5W, the rear camera comes with a 5 MP camera and doesn’t have any front camera. It comes with 16GB of ROM with microSD card support. Gionee P5W comes with a 2000 mAh battery. The Gionee P5W runs Android Lollipop 5.1 and supports 3G.
As the device comes with Android Lollipop 5.1 it is quite outdated and lacks new updates. This makes the device slower and the device starts to lag while using new apps. For overcoming this issue we must install the stock flash file for the Gionee P5W. We will take a look at what is a flash file and what is the factor of installing it. We will also take a look, how to install the flash files in the Gionee P5W smartphone.
What is the Gionee P5W flash file?
Before we move forward with how to install a flash file we need to know what exactly is a flash file. The flash file basically is a collection of few software components that work together so as for the device to work properly. A flash file contains these 4 components – kernel, operating system, bootloader, recovery image. Each of these components has a designated function assigned to them. Eg, The operating system is the most important component software that provides a user interface to interact with the mobile. The operating system also acts as a manager of resources and carries out the processing of the device.
The bootloader is a component that plays an important role when the device is being powered on. Bootloader loads the operating system files into the memory of the device whenever the device is powered on. Similarly, the kernel provides an interface for the operating system to interact with the hardware parts of the device. The recovery image starts when an update is launched to the device by the manufacturer or when the device cannot function properly.
If any of the above components don’t work as they were programmed to work, then it can lead to a faulty device. The devices facing these types of issues then installing the software with the help of flash files can solve these issues. After installing the flash file on the device a fresh copy of the 4 components on the device gets installed. The storage of the device will be completely wiped because of factory reset. You must make a backup of all the important data that you have on your device as it will be wiped completely.
Go through the following steps, and we will see how to install the flash files on your Gionee P5W device.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Flashing the file on your device can help you to resolve these kinds of issues –
- One of the greatest issues will get resolved because of installing the flash file on the device is that if you have forgotten the unlock pattern or the password to unlock your device and are unable to access it then this can help you.
- And if your phone is too slow and laggy then in some cases this can be resolved by installing the flash files.
- If your device goes into an endless loop of restarts. This is called a boot loop and can be fixed by installing flash files on your device.
How to install flash file firmware in Gionee P5W?
Here, we will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is only provided for educational purposes only. Any damage caused to your device by following this tutorial is your own responsibility. We will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Download Gionee P5W flash file and the required tools
Download the files given below and extract the files. Make sure that you extract them to the desktop location as we need to access them later on.
Steps to flash Gionee P5W firmware file –
Take a good quality USB cable before proceeding with the process of flashing the file to your device. Make sure that your device is charged up to 50% and beyond before trying to install the flash file to your Gionee P5W device.
- Before proceeding, First of all, you need to install the USB drivers that you have downloaded in the previous step. Go to the folder on the desktop where you have extracted the drivers and then install them.
- Go to the desktop folder where you extracted SP flash tools. Now open flash_tool.exe. Double click on that file to launch the application.
- Once the sp flash tool window opens, click on the choose button present in front of the file option.
- Now you just have to select the scatter file for your flash file firmware. You can locate the scatter file in the desktop folder where you have extracted the flash files in the earlier step.
- Now a new window will pop up where you have to choose your firmware file. Go to the folder where you have downloaded the flash file and look for a file with preloader.bin extension and unselect it.
- Press the download button on sp flash tools to begin the flashing process.
- The flashing process should start soon. You can see the progress of the flashing process on the progress bar that is present at the bottom of the sp flash tools.
- A green circle message will appear on the screen once the process has completed successfully.
- Now disconnect your device from the computer.
- Press and hold the power button on your mobile phone to start the device.
In this post, we have learned what exactly a flash file is and what benefits you can get by installing this flash file it to your Gionee P5W. If your device is not working properly or has software issues mentioned above in the list then it might be due to the corrupt system software or bloatware present on your device. These type of issues can be solved by installing the stock flash file on the device. This process is simple and easy.