Gionee is a Chinese mobile device manufacturing company based in Shenzhen, Guangdong. It was founded in 2002 and since then it has launched its smartphones in many different countries. Gionee has launched many smartphones over the past couple of years and one such smartphone launched by Gionee was the Gionee p5l. It was a smartphone-based on the android operating system and had great specifications for the price it came. Unfortunately in 2018 Gionee sold its brand along with its license to Karbonn mobiles in India.
Gionee sold millions of units of the gionee p5l during the launch period. The device sold so great because of the great value for money it provided and it’s easy availability. Some people even to this day use this device as their primary smartphone. But as it is an issue with every android smartphone that over time it starts to have some software issues nonetheless. Most of the software issues can easily be fixed by installing the flash file firmware onto the device. Usually the manufacturer of the device provides the system flash file during the launch period of the device. Customers and mobile repair shop center owners can use these flash files to repair the smartphones
Typically installing the system flash file onto the device will reset it. This is essential if you need to factory reset your device for some reason or want to get rid of any buggy software that you might have installed on it.
What is the Gionee P5L flash file?
Before moving forward with the installation process lets see what exactly is a flash file. A flash file is a collection of few software components that are necessary for the proper functioning of the device. A typical flash file has a kernel, operating system, bootloader, and a recovery image as its primary components. Each of these components has a specific role to play. The operating system being the mother software carries out all the operations related to user interaction and input. The kernel provides the operating system and interfaces for it to interact with the hardware components of the device. The main function of the bootloader is to load the operating system into memory whenever the device is powered on. The recovery image takes care of all the system software update related tasks that are delivered by the manufacturer of the device.
If any of these components fail to perform their tasks successfully it can result in a corrupted device. If your device is facing any issues such as slow application loading speeds, regular application force closes or freezing, frequent restarts, etc. Then it might be a consequence of a corrupted firmware file. We can easily solve such issues by reinstalling the flash file onto the device.
The process is very easy and anyone can do it on their own without having to spend any money. In this article we will see how you can install the firmware files onto your device.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
If your device is facing software issues then you can install the flash files onto it to rectify the issues. Though make sure that the problems are software-based and are not caused due to bad hardware. Any issues related to hardware damage will not be solved by installing the system flash files. Some of the software issues that can be solved by following this procedure are given below –
- If you are unable to get your device to power on as it keeps restarting or is stuck on the Gionee logo that possibly it has gone into a boot loop. This issue can be solved by reinstalling the software flash file.
- Your device has become slow even after having good hardware specifications. App loading times have increased significantly and the whole device feels slow. In such cases installing the flash file can help to reset the device and make it like new again.
- If the device restarts on its own randomly or just freezes suddenly then also installing the system flash files can help to solve such issues.
How to install flash file firmware in Gionee P5L?
To install the flash file firmware on your Gionee P5L follow the below-given steps.
Note – This tutorial is only for educational purposes and any damage caused to your device by following it will not be our responsibility. Follow this tutorial at your own risk.
Download Gionee P5L flash file and the required tools
We will be using the Xiaomi Flash tool to install the flash file firmware on your Gionee P5L.
Download the above-given files and extract them into three different folders. Make sure you keep them in easily accessible locations.
Steps to flash Gionee P5L Firmware file –
In this procedure, we will be using SP flash tools to install the flash file in your Gionee P5L.
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the driver files. Install the drivers on your computer, if you already have the drivers installed then skip this step.
- Navigate to the folder where you have extracted the Xiaomi flash tools and install it on your computer by double-clicking on the setup file.
- Once the setup is complete launch the MiFlash tools by clicking on the Xiaomi MiFlash application from the start menu.
- Now Switch off your device and press and hold down the power and volume down button simultaneously for 6-8 seconds. The device will restart and boot into fastboot mode.
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- On the Xiaomi Flash tools, window click on the select button present in the top left corner of the application.
- Now select the firmware file for your device by navigating to the folder where you have downloaded it in the earlier step.
- Click on the flash button. The flashing process should start and you will see the progress of the process in the application itself.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and restart it once the flashing process is complete
If you are facing any kind of software issue in your device then installing the flash file onto it is the best way to get rid of those issues. In this article we have talked about what exactly a flash file is and what kind of issues you can solve by installing it on your device. We have also discussed the procedure to install the flash file on your device. using the tutorial given above you can easily repair your device off any software damage without having to spend any money.
If you’re a techie & want to get some exposure & make some money, Write for us tech content & tutorial, We’re actively looking for Contributor like you 😉