Redmi 5A Flash File Firmware Download
Xiaomi is a Chinese electronics manufacturing company. Redmi is a sub-brand of Xiaomi and mainly focused on smartphone designing and manufacturing. Redmi mainly focuses on the manufacturing of budget and entry-level smartphones while Xiaomi is focused on the upper range and flagship category. Xiaomi was founded in 2010 and introduced its sub-brand Redmi in July 2013. Xiaomi holds a whopping 30% market share in India combining Redmi and Xiaomi. What makes Xiaomi smartphones different from the competitor is that they use less-expensive components and thus have lower prices while retaining higher specifications. Nowadays Xiaomi is focusing on bringing 5G smartphones at lower competitive prices.
Redmi 5A is the lower end specifications smartphone in the Redmi 5 series. It was launched by Redmi alongside with Redmi 5 series October 2017. Redmi 5A is powered by a powerful Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 with Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 308 GPU. The smartphone comes in two variants 2 GB RAM / 16 GB internal storage and 3 GB RAM / 32 GB internal storage. Redmi 5A comes with 5.5 inches of IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display that supports up to 16M colours. Redmi 5A comes with a 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera, both the cameras support recording up to 1080p. All this is powered by a 3000 mAh Lithium-Ion battery. This device comes with all the necessary sensors like Accelerometer and Proximity sensors. This smartphone comes in 4 different colours Gold, Dark Grey, Rose Gold and Blue.
Redmi 5A runs MIUI 11 which is based on Android 7.1.2. MIUI is one of the most popular custom ROMs in the Android community. But MIUI has some disadvantages like the device is shipped with a lot of bloatware and contains a lot of ads.
What is the Xiaomi Redmi 5A flash file?
Let us leaned what is a flash file in this paragraph. Generally, the flash file is the combination of these following components. First is Operating System, it is the most important software component that helps us to harness the power of the hardware present on our device. Second is the bootloader, it is responsible for loading the operating system in the memory / RAM when the device is booted up. The third is Kernel, it is responsible for disk management, memory management and other resource management on the device. Fourth is recovery image, it helps the device when any of the updates is ready to install or when the device can’t work appropriately.
If any of the above components don’t function as they were supposed to then installing the flash file can help you regain this functionality. Flashing the flash file reinstalls all the above components and if there was any problem in the components this can help.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Installing the flash file on your Redmi 5A can help you solve the issues mentioned below –
- If you have lost your device’s unlock password or pattern and hard reset or factory reset is not working then installing the flash file can help you solve this issue.
- If the performance of your device is not as it was 1 or 2 years back then this can be because of bloatware then flashing the file can help you significantly increase the performance of your device.
- It can also solve the problem of boot loop.
How to install flash file firmware in Xiaomi Redmi 5A?
Don’t forget to follow all the steps because if the flash file is not properly installed it can brick the device.
Also, don’t forget to backup all your data as this flashing process will delete all the data your device.
Here, we will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is only provided for educational purposes. Any harm caused to your device by following this instructional exercise is your own obligation. We won’t be liable for any sort of harm to your device.
Download Xiaomi Redmi 5A flash file and the required tools
Download the files given below and extract the files. Make sure that you extract them to the work area as we have to get to them later on.
Steps to flash Xiaomi Redmi 5A firmware file –
Always use a decent quality USB cable to connect your device to the computer before continuing with the process of flashing the file to your device. Also, make sure that your device is charged up to 60% before flashing the flash file to your Xiaomi Redmi 5A device.
- First, we have to install the Qualcomm USB Driver package on the computer. (If in case, the driver is preinstalled then SKIP this Driver installation.)
- Extract the file downloaded from above Driver link and open the folder.
- Double click on Qualcomm USB Driver.exe to launch the Setup window.
- Select Ethernet Checkbox and Click on the Next button.
- Now again click on next and then accept the terms in the licence agreement.
- Click on Install button and again click on Install. After the installation is completed click on Finish.
- Restart the computer and now proceed with the flashing process.
- Now let us install Xiaomi Flash Tool on the computer. Extract the Flash Tool.
- Power Off your Redmi 5A and press and hold Volume Down + Power key for at lear 10 second.
- Your device will now enter Fastboot Mode. Now connect the Xiaomi device using the USB Cable.
- Open the Xiaomi Flash Tool and find the Firmware and click on OK.
- Click on the Refresh Button and you can see the Redmi 5A in the Xiaomi Flash Tool.
- On the upper right-hand side click on Flash button to begin the installation of the flash file.
- You can see the SUCCESS message in the Xiaomi Flash Rool after the flashing process is successfully completed.
- Congratulation! The flash file is now successfully installed on your Redmi 5A mobile device.
- Now disconnect the device from the computer and Switch ON the smartphone.
In this tutorial, you have successfully learned about the installation of the flash file on your Redmi 5A. You have also learned what is a flash file and what are the tools you need to flash the file on your mobile device. You have also learned what is bloatware and how can you remove it from your device.
Leave a Reply