Lava is an Indian smartphone manufacturing company. It was launched back in 2009. Since its launch Lava has brought many mobile phones into the smartphone market. Headquartered in India, Lava also operates in Thailand, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Mexico, the Middle East, Pakistan and Russia.
Lava Z61 was launched in July 2018. It comes with a 5.45-inch display and with 2.5D Curved Corning Gorilla Glass. Lava Z61 comes with a 1.5 GHz Quad-core processor and with two variants 1GB and 2GB of RAM. Talking about cameras, the Lava Z61 on the rear comes with an 8 MP camera and sports a 5 MP camera on the front for selfies. Lava Z61 packs 16GB of ROM that is inbuilt storage and also supports microSD card. Lava Z61 is launched in two colours Black and Gold. This smartphone comes with a comfortable 3000 mAh battery that can last a whole day with daily usage. The Lava Z61 runs Android Oreo Go edition.
As the device comes with Android Oreo Go Edition it lacks some functionality and after some time the lack of updates make the device slower and the device starts to lag while using. To overcome this issue there is one great solution. It is to install the stock flash file for the Lava Z61. We will see what exactly is a flash file and what are the benefits of installing it. We will also take a look at how you can install the flash files in the Lava Z61 smartphone.
What is the Lava Z61 flash file?
A flash file is a collection of software components that work in a synchronous manner for the proper functioning of the device. Usually, a flash file contains these components – kernel, operating system, bootloader, recovery image, etc. Each of these components has a predefined function assigned to them. Eg, The operating system is the main software that provides a user interface for the user to interact with the device. It also carries out the management of resources and carries out the processing of the device. The bootloader handles the loading of the operating system into memory when the device is switched on. Likely, the kernel provides an interface for the operating system to interact with the hardware parts of the device. The recovery image comes into action whenever an update is provided to the device by the manufacturer or when the device cannot boot properly.
If any of the above components become faulty, then it can lead to a completely broken device. The devices facing some kind of software issues then installing the flash file can easily resolve them. By installing the flash file on the device will install a fresh copy of all the components on the device. This means that your device will be factory reset and all the data stored will be deleted. So you must make sure that you have made a backup of all the important data that you have on your device.
In the following steps, we will see how you can install the flash files on your Lava Z61 device and get a fresh start.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Flashing the file on your device can help you to resolve these kinds of issues –
- One of the greatest advantages of installing the flash file on the device is that if you have forgotten the unlock pattern or the password to unlock your device and are unable to access it then installing the flash file firmware will reset your device after which you can access your device.
- If your phone has become too slow and laggy then in some cases it can be because of bloatware and this can be resolved by installing the flash files. As it will reset the Operating System on your device.
- Sometimes it may happen that your device goes into an endless loop of restarts and never actually opens. This is called a boot loop and can only be fixed by installing flash files on your device.
How to install flash file firmware in Lava Z61?
In this section, we will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is only provided for educational purposes only. Any damage caused to your device by following this tutorial is your own responsibility. We will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Download Lava Z61 flash file and the required tools
Download the files given below and extract the files to your desktop. Make sure that you extract them to an easily accessible location because we need to access them later on.
Steps to flash Lava Z61 firmware file –
Make sure that you have a good quality USB cable before proceeding with the process. Also, make sure that your device is charged up to 50% and up before attempting to install this flash file to your device.
- First of all, you need to install the USB drivers that you have downloaded in the previous step. Go to the folder where you have extracted the drivers and then install them.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted SP flash tools. Now open flash_tool.exe. Double click on that file to launch the application.
- Once the sp flash tool window opens, click on the choose button present in front of the scatter-loading file option.
- Now you have to select the scatter file for your flash file firmware. You can locate the scatter file in the folder where you have extracted the flash files in the earlier step.
- Now a new window will pop up where you have to choose your firmware file. Go to the folder where you have downloaded the flash file and look for a file with .pac extension and select it.
- Press the download button on sp flash tools to begin the flashing process.
- The flashing process should start soon. You can see the progress of the flashing process on the progress bar that is present at the bottom of the sp flash tools.
- A green circle message will appear on the screen once the process has completed successfully.
- Now disconnect your device from the computer.
- Press and hold the power button on your mobile phone to restart it.
In this tutorial, we saw what exactly is a flash file and what benefits you can get by flashing it to your device. If your device is not working properly or has some kind of software issues then it might be due to the corrupt system software or bloatware present on your device. Such issues can be very easily solved by installing the stock flash file on the device.