Lava is an Indian multinational company operating in the mobile industry. Lava has been selling smartphones and other mobile devices since the year 2009. Over its lifetime, lava has sold dozens of smartphones focusing on providing great value for money and great features to the users.
One such device launched by lava was the lava z60. It was launched in the budget segment of smartphones and provided great value for money. Lava sold millions of units of this smartphone during its launch period. It was very well received by the consumers and some people use the lava z60 even to this day as their primary smartphone.
But if a device is so popular then it is common for some of the units of this device to have any kind of software issues which might make it harder to use the device.
Such issues can be solved by installing a particular software also called the flash file into the device. Flash files are generally provided by the manufacturer of the device at the time of the device’s launch. Installing the flash file on the device will reset the device and reinstall a fresh copy of the operating system on it.
If your device is facing software issues such as frequent restarts, slow navigation, application freezing issues, frequent restarts, etc then installing the flash file is the best way to solve all these issues.
In this article, we will see what exactly is a flash file and how you can install it on your device
What is Lava z60 flash file?
The flash file is basically a collection of few software components such as the operating system, bootloader, recovery image, kernel, etc. Each of these software components has a particular role to play. The operating system is the most important software of these all, it provides an interface for the user to interact with the device. The kernel provides an interface for the operating system to interact and control the hardware features of the device. The bootloader loads the operating system into memory whenever the device is powered on. Similarly, the recovery image handles all the system update tasks whenever the manufacturer provides them.
if any of these components are at fault then it can result in a corrupted device. Though these issues can be easily fixed by reinstalling the flash file onto the device. Reinstalling the flash file will reset your device and install a fresh copy of the operating system on it.
In this article, we will see how you can reinstall the flash file onto your device easily.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
In this section, we will see what types of software issues you can resolve by installing the flash file on it.
- If you are unable to unlock your device as you have forgotten the security password for your device then reinstalling the flash files will reset the device and remove the password.
- If your device keeps on restarting itself on certain intervals unexpectedly. Installing the flash file can help the device to get back to its original state and avoid these kinds of issues.
- Similarly, sometimes you may see that your device just goes into an endless loop of restarts and never actually restarts. This is called a boot loop and can only be fixed by installing flash files on to your device. As this will reset the device.
How to install flash file firmware in lava z60?
In this section, we will see how you can start installing the flash file firmware in your lava z60.
This tutorial is only for educational purposes any damage caused to your device is your own responsibility. Follow the tutorial carefully step-by-step to avoid any kind of damage to your device
Download lava z60 flash file and the required tools
Download the below-given files and extract them onto your desktop. Make sure that you extract them onto and easily accessible location because we will need to access them later on.
In this process, we will be using the sp flash tool to install the flash files on your lava device.
Steps to flash lava z60 firmware file –
Before moving forward with the procedure, charge your device at least 50%. After charging your device remove the battery from it and if the battery is nonremovable then just leave it as it is.
- The first step is to install the usb drivers for your device on to your computer. Open the folder where you extracted the usb drivers downloaded in the earlier step and install them.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted sp flash tools. Search for the file that says flash_tool.Exe. Double click on that file to launch the flash tools
- In the sp flash tools, window click on the choose button present in front of the scatter file option.
- A new window will pop up where you have to select the scatter file for your flash file firmware. You can find the scatter file in the folder where you have extracted the flash files in the previous step.
- Now connect your mobile device to the computer via usb cable. If the computer doesn’t detect your device just press the volume up or volume down key.
- Now press the download button on sp flash tools to start the flashing process.
- You can see the progress of the flashing process on the progress bar present at the bottom of the sp flash tools.
- You will see a green circle once the production process has completed successfully.
- Now disconnect your device from the computer and power it on.
If everything went as per plan your device should restart and you will be presented with a fresh install of the operating system on the device.
If you are facing any kind of software issue with your device such as regular app freezing issues, slow navigation, unresponsive apps, frequent restarts, etc you can easily fix it by reinstalling the flash files onto your device. In this article, we have given a detailed tutorial on how to do it. Follow the tutorial to repair your device easily without spending any money