Lava is legally known as Lava International Limited, it is a leading smartphone manufacturing company in India. Lava was founded by Hari Om Rai, Sunil Bhalla, Shailendra Nath Rai and Vishal Sehgal back in 2009. Headquartered in Noida India, Lava has expanded its operation to multiple countries across the world. Lava mainly focuses on manufacturing and selling mobile phones and was a leading smartphone company in India in the past years. Since its launch Lava has brought many smartphones as well as feature phones into the mobile phone market.
Lava Flair Z1 smartphone was launched by Lava in July 2015. The device comes with 5.00 inches of TFT capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 480 x 584 pixels. Lava Flair Z1 is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor. The device comes with a 1GB of RAM and internal storage of 8GB that can be extended using a microSD card. As far as the cameras on the Lava Flair Z1 are concerned it comes with a 5MP rear camera and a front selfie camera of 2MP. This device is a dual sim and supports 3G. All these components on Lava Flair Z1 are powered by a 2000 mAh removable Li-Po battery. Lava Flair Z1 was launched in two colours White and Black.
Lava Flair Z1 is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and as this is an old version of Android many apps are not supported in Android 5.0. Also, lack of updates make the device slower and the device starts to lag while using. To overcome this issue there is one great solution. It is to install the stock flash file for the Lava Flair Z1.
In this tutorial, you will see what exactly is a flash file and what are the benefits you can get by installing it. We will also take a look at steps to install the flash files on the Lava Flair Z1 smartphone.
What is the Lava Flair Z1 flash file?
Let us learn some concepts about Flash file, what is it and why it is an important part of operating the mobile device. A flash file is a collection of software components that work in a synchronous manner for the proper functioning of the device. Usually, the flash file is the combination of the software components that ensures your device is working properly. A flash file will always consist of the following components – operating system, bootloader, kernel and recovery image.
The Operating System is the most important software that helps us to communicate with the hardware on the device and use it seamlessly. A bootloader is a conventional image responsible for launching or starting the kernel on a device. Bootloader loads the Operating System into the main memory of the device when the device is booted up. Similarly, the kernel handles the management of resources in the device it is responsible for tasks such as disk management, memory management, task management that happens in the device. The recovery image helps the device when any of the updates is ready to install or when the device can’t work appropriately.
If the device is facing any kind of software issues then installing the flash file can easily solve them and your device will get a fresh start. You must make a backup of all the important data that you have on your device as this process involves resetting the device.
In the following steps, we will see how you can install the flash files on your Lava Flair Z1 device and get a fresh start.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Flashing the file on your device can help you to resolve these kinds of issues –
- If your device has become slow and has not received the new updates from the manufacturer then you can get the new version by installing the flash files.
- If there a lot of bloatware installed on your device then you can remove it by reinstalling the firmware.
- One of the greatest advantages of installing the flash file on the device is that if you have forgotten the unlock pattern or the password to unlock your device and are unable to access it then installing the flash file firmware will reset your device after which you can access your device.
How to install flash file firmware in Lava Flair Z1?
In this tutorial, we will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is only provided for educational purposes only. Any damage caused to your device by following this tutorial is your own responsibility. We will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Download Lava Flair Z1 flash file and the required tools
Download the files given below and extract the files to your desktop. Make sure that you extract them to an easily accessible location because we need to access them later on.
Steps to flash Lava Flair Z1 firmware file –
Charge your device up to 60% before proceeding with the installation of the flash file. Also, make sure that you have a good quality USB Cable.
- In the first step, you have to install the SPD Driver on your Computer. (If the SPD Drivers are already installed then SKIP the driver installation process.)
- To install the SPD Driver, extract the driver package on the Computer.
- Now Open the folder and open the folder according to your operating system installed. For eg., Double Click and Open the Win10 folder if you have Windows 10 installed on your computer.
- After this double click on DriverSetup.exe to launch the Setup Window. Click on the Next button to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is done, click on the Finish button to exit the Driver Installation Process Setup.
- Restart the computer and now you are ready for flashing the file on your Lava Flair Z1.
- If you have not extracted SPD Flash Tool then extract it now and open the folder.
- Now open UpgradeDownload.exe file by double-clicking on the file.
- Click on the Load Packet button after the Upgrade Tool is launched.
- Now locate the flash file that you have downloaded using the above link.
- Click on Open.
- Connect your Lava Flair Z1 to the computer using the USB Cable. Also, make sure that the device is powered off.
- Now click on Start Downloading button to begin the Flashing or the installation process.
- The SPD Flash Tool will take some time to complete the installation of the flash file to your mobile device.
- Once the flashing process is complete, you will be able to see Previous Passed message on the Upgrade tool.
- Now close the tool and disconnect your mobile device from the computer.
- Switch ON the device and the flash process is now complete.
In this tutorial, you learned how to install the flash file on your Lava Flair Z1 Android device. You have also learned what is a flash file and what are the benefits you get by flashing the Stock file on your device.