Oppo is a Multinational Mobile phone brand operating in primarily Asian markets like India, Thailand, etc. It is a brand of a Chinese Electronics company with One Plus, Vivo and RealMe as its sister brands. It is continuously launching various mobile phones across price brackets for all types of customers. One such value for money budget smartphone launched by the company was OPPO A3S. It sold like hot cakes from the day it launched and sold millions of units worldwide. It also got positive word of mouth from customers and enthusiasts alike and to this day, some use it as their primary device.
But as is the case with every Android smartphone, it also had its share of software bugs and problems which sometimes takes a long time time to surface. If you are facing a software issue, then this is the place to be. Here, I will be telling you how to reinstall a flash file firmware which will help in removing these problems on your OPPO A3S once and for all.
What is Oppo a3s flash file?
A flash file has different components that help the software in communicating with the hardware of the mobile device. These components are Operating System, Kernel, Recovery Image, etc. All these components are extremely necessary for the operation of the device and play different roles in the communication between hardware and the user.
Accepting user inputs and acting on them, allocating resources to a particular task, etc is done by the operating system. Kernel acts as a messenger and provides an interface for the Operating system to interact with the hardware of the device. The bootloader, as the name suggests, loads the operating system into the memory when the device boots up (restarts). Recovery Image makes sure that the necessary data is not lost when the device software is updated or recovered.
To make sure the device is working properly and as required, it’s necessary for all these components to work properly in tandem. If any of these components fail, it generally causes problems with the functioning of the device.
If the problems faced include frequent restarts, app freezing, slow and laggy user interface, unexpected shutdowns, etc, the best way to get rid of these problems is to reinstall the flash file on the device.
In this article, we will see how to do that in an easy way such that even a person new to this can do it easily himself.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Here we will see what kind of problems are resolved by installing a flash file.
- If you have forgotten the security password and no recovery method is working, this is the best method to unlock the device.
- If there is a problem of sudden shutting down and restarting the device, reinstalling the flash file will solve the problem if it’s happening due to software issues.
- While restarting, the loop animation doesn’t end and it continues for a long time, this is called a boot loop and this can be solved by reinstalling the flash file.
- The apps are crashing very frequently or your operating system has become too slow. It might be due to Malware in the operating system which can be fixed if you install the flash file firmware and install the latest operating system available for your device.
How to install flash file firmware in Oppo a3s?
DISCLAIMER: Here, we will see how to start installing the flash file in Oppo a3s
This tutorial is for educational purposes only and should be followed at your own risk. Any damage caused due to this is not our responsibility.
Download Oppo a3s flash file and the required tools
Before beginning, anything, download the following files on your desktop and store it in an easily accessible location.
In this process, we will be using the MSM downloads tool to install the flash files on your Oppo device.
Steps to flash Oppo a3s firmware file –
Install the flash file firmware on your Oppo device we will be using MSM download tools. to proceed with the process follow the below-given steps.
- First of all, we need to install suitable usb drivers for the device. To do this go to the folder where you have downloaded and extracted the driver file from the previous step.
- Install the drivers on your computer.
- Now go to the folder where you downloaded the MSM downloads tool.
- Extract the file and open the MSM download tools application.
- Once the MSM download tool loads up, Copy the firmware file onto it.
- Now switch off your device and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- If the MSM download tool does not detect your device then just press the volume button on your device. Make sure it is in switch off condition and the tool should detect your device.
- Once the device is detected click on the start button on the application window. You should see a progress bar on the screen.
- Once the process finishes, disconnect your device from the computer.
- Now hold and press the power button on your device and it should restart.
If everything went as expected, the device should have a fresh copy of the operating system installed on it.
For any type of software issue in your device which is mentioned in the article, installing a flash file firmware is the best method to resolve the issue. A detailed tutorial has been provided. If followed properly can solve the problems easily by installing a new flash file firmware in your device.