Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited also known as JIO is an Indian company. It is a subsidiary of Jio Platforms and headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra India. JIO provides LTE network across India and is also a manufacturer of Jio Phones and it has launched many low-cost phones in the Indian market in the last few years and is also planning to roll out around 10 Crore low-cost phones by December 2020.
JIO F120B ventured in the Indian smartphone market back in 2017. The smartphone comes with 4G enabled and VoLTE support. JIO F120B comes with 2.4 inches of non-touchscreen and with 240 x 320 pixels resolution. The JIO F120B is powered by Dual-Core processor and is clocked at 1 GHz speed with Cortex A7 GPU. This smartphone runs on KAI OS and comes with a 2000 mAh Lithium-ion removable battery. The JIO F120B packs 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded using microSD card. Jio F120B comes with a range of preinstalled apps like JioCinema, JioTV, JioMusic, JioChat, etc. And it also comes with a 2 MP rear camera and 0.3 MP Selfie camera, it can output images with 1600 x 1200 pixels resolution.
As the device comes with Kai OS sometimes you may get some delay for getting the updates on your JIO F120B. Flashing the files you can get customizable User Interface based on the ROM you are installing. Please go through the whole tutorial because if you miss some steps there are chances that you can brick your device during this installation process.
Below we will learn what is a flash file and how to install the flash files in the JIO F120B smartphone.
What is the JIO F120B flash file?
In this section, we will see what is a flash file and what advantages you can get from installing the flash file to your JIO F120B smartphone. The flash file consists of the software components that work together so that all the functions of your device work properly. A flash file mainly consists of these 4 components – operating system, bootloader, kernel and recovery image. The Operating System is the most important software that helps us to communicate with the hardware on the device and use it seamlessly. A bootloader is a proprietary image responsible for launching or bringing up the kernel on a device. Bootloader loads the Operating System into the main memory of the device when the device is booted up.
Similarly, the kernel handles the management of resources in the device it is responsible for tasks such as disk management, memory management, task management that happens in the device. The recovery image starts the execution when any of the updates is ready to install or when the device can’t work appropriately.
While using your JIO F120B if you notice that any of the above parts don’t function as they were programmed to work. The devices having these sorts of issues can be solved by installing the flash files to your device and eliminate this kind of issue. In the flashing process, a new duplicate of these 4 parts will get installed on your device. Don’t forget to backup the device as the complete storage space of the device will be cleaned due to the factory reset process.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Installing the flash file on your device can assist you with settling these sorts of issues –
- If you forgot the lock pattern or the password to unlock the device and are unable to open the device and even hard reset is not working then installing the flash file can help you to reset the lock screen password.
- In the event that the performance of your device is not as expected and you are experiencing that your device is lagging, then this can be solved by installing the flash files to your device.
- If your device restarts over and over this can be caused by corrupt app files, faulty installs, viruses, malware and broken system files. This is known as a boot loop and can be fixed by installing the flash files on your device.
- Flashing the new ROM can also help you to remove all the bloatware from your device.
How to install flash file firmware in JIO F120B?
Here, we will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is only provided for educational purposes. Any harm caused to your device by following this instructional exercise is your own obligation. We won’t be liable for any sort of harm to your device.
Download JIO F120B flash file and the required tools
Download the files from the given links below and extract the file to your desired location. Make sure that you extract them to an easily accessible location as we use these files in the installation process later on.
Steps to flash JIO F120B firmware file –
Use a good quality USB cable before you go through with flashing the file on to your device. Also, ensure that your device is charged to 50% and above before trying to install the flash file.
- Install the Qualcomm USB Driver package on the Computer. You can find the Qualcomm_USB_Driver.exe file in the folder that we have downloaded and extracted in the previous step. (If in case, you have already installed the driver package SKIP this step.)
- Now launch the QFlashTool.exe on your computer.
- After the QFlash Tool is launched, Click on the Load Content Button. Now locate the stock flash file that you have downloaded using the above link.
- Find the file named contents.xml file and click on open button.
- Now you have to boot the device to EDL Mode. To do so press and hold the * and # button simultaneously on your JIO F120B phone.
- Now connect your device to the computer
- Now you will be able to see Qualcomm HS USB QDloader 9008 message on the tool.
- Click on the Download Content button on the screen.
- The flashing process will start soon and can take a couple of minutes to complete.
- You can see the status of flashing on the QFlash tool.
- After successful flashing, you can see the Done message in the Status area of the tool.
- Now exit the Flash Tool and disconnect the device.
- Power On and now the device is ready to use.
Here, we learned about what is a flash file and what are its uses and advantages. If your device isn’t working properly or has some software issues, it may be because of corrupted system file software. This can also be due to bloatware present on your device. These types of issues can be solved by installing the stock flash file to the JIO F120B.