Micromax is a consumer electronics company that was founded back in the year 2000. Slowly Micromax diverted itself and became one of the major Smartphone manufacturers in India. While providing great value for money Micromax started launching a good amount of devices per year among which one was the Micromax a120. Due to its great value for money and affordable price, It sold like hotcakes during its launch period.
Even now many people use the same device as their daily driver. With millions of units of Micromax a120 during its lifespan, it is common to have some devices that show certain signs of software damage. Some of these issues can be an unresponsive operating system, App freezing issues, and unresponsive apps, frequent restarts, etc. installing the flash file firmware on your device can help to fix any similar kind of software issues that you might be facing on your device.
Installing the flash file firmware will reset your device and the operating system. This is useful to solve any kind of software issue that you might be facing in your Micromax a120. One thing to keep in mind is that this process can only help if your device has software issues. If your smartphone has any hardware faults, then it is better to take your device to a professional service center and get it repaired.
In this article, we will see how you can Reinstall the flash file firmware in your Micromax a120 without going to a service center or investing any money in it.
What is Micromax a120 flash file?
Before installing the flash file on your device, First We need to know what exactly is a flash file. In simple words, a flash file is a collection of a few software that includes the operating system, the bootloader, and the recovery image. The operating system being the main part of a flash file is responsible for the complete functioning of the phone. The bootloader helps the phone to switch on and load the operating system as the phone is switched on. Similarly, all the system update installations are handled by the recovery image. If your device is having any kind of software issue, then generally installing the flash file again on your device should resolve such issues.
If your device is having any kind of software issues such as frequent restarts, slow operating system if you have any kind of Malware installed in your device. Then re-installing the system flash file Can help to breathe a new life in your device. Do keep in mind that installing the flash file can only affect and solve the issues that are related to software and anything related to hardware will remain the same Even after installing it.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
- If you have forgotten the unlock pattern or the password to unlock your device and are unable to access it then flashing the file firmware will reset your device after which you can access your device.
- If your device goes in a boot loop where it justs keeps restarting over and over again. In such cases also, reinstalling the flash file can help your device to get back to its original state.
- If your device is behaving in unwanted ways and you can’t figure out what exactly is wrong then it is very likely that your operating system is having some kind of bugs or glitches that can be easily fixed by reinstalling the flash file firmware.
- If your device keeps on restarting itself on certain intervals unexpectedly. Installing the flash file can help the device to get back to its original state and avoid these kinds of issues.
How to install flash file firmware in Micromax a120?
If you want to install the flash file firmware on your Micromax a120 then follow the below-given steps carefully.
Following the below-given process incorrectly may result in a permanently dead device. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device by following the below-given tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
Download Micromax a120 flash file and the required tools
Below are the links to the files that are needed for this process. Download these files before proceeding with the procedure.
After downloading these three pipes extract them in separate folders on your desktop for easy accessibility.
Steps to flash Micromax a120 Firmware file –
Charge your device at least up to 50% before starting with the procedure. In this process, we will be using SP flash tools to install the flash file in your device.
- First of all, you will need to install the device drivers on your computer that you can do By navigating to the folder where you have extracted them in the previous steps.
- Not take your mobile device and switch it off. Also, make sure that you remove the phone’s battery and if the battery is non-removable just leave it as it is.
- Navigate to the folder where you have extracted SP flash tools and find the file that says Flash_tool.exe and Launch It by double-clicking on it.
- This will launch SP flash tools and now you will have to click on the choose button present in front of the scatter file option.
- A new window will open where you will have to select the path. For the scatter file which you can find in the folder where you have extracted the flash file For your device.
- After selecting the scatter file the list below the scatter file option in SP flash tools should get populated.
- Untick the option that says preloader.
- The next step is to connect your mobile device to your computer via USB cable. If your computer doesn’t detect your mobile phone after connecting it. Just press the volume up volume down button on your mobile device.
- Once the computer detects your mobile device press the download button In SP flash tools.
- The flashing process will start now and you should see a small progress bar at the bottom of the SP flash tools.
- A small green circle will pop up on your screen once the flashing process has completed successfully.
- When the process completes successfully close the SP flash tools and disconnect your mobile device from your computer.
- If everything went correctly your device should have a new installation of the operating system.
- Press the power button and restart your device.
In this article, we have discussed the procedure of reinstalling the flash file firmware in your Micromax a120. Installing the flash file from where can help your device get rid of any kind of software issues such as frequent unexpected restarts, up freezing issues, unresponsive apps, etc.