Founded in March 2000, Micromax is an Indian mobile phone manufacturing company. It started as an IT software company and then came into the mobile business. Micromax is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana, India and is a prominent company in the mobile phone business in India. Micromax has also started the international business a few years back with markets like Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Russia, the Middle East and some countries in Africa.
The Micromax Q380 also known as Micromax Canvas Spark Q380 was launched in May 2015. It comes with a 4.7 inches IPS LCD display and 540 x 960 pixels resolution. It comes with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB of internal storage that can be extended using microSD. Micromax Q380 is powered with a MediaTek MT6582M 28 nm processor with Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 CPU and Mali 400MP2 GPU. It comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop Operating System. With a 2000 mAH battery, the device’s battery can last up to a day in normal usage.
If you have not received any recent updates from the manufacturer you must install the stock flash file on your drive because there might be a load of bloatware and can affect the performance of your Micromax Q380.
What is the Micromax Q380 flash file?
Here we will learn what a flash file is and what you can benefit from installing this flash file to your Micromax Q380 smartphone. The flash file is like 4 software components that work combining the functionality so that your device works without any hindrance. A flash file basically contains these 4 components – kernel, operating system, bootloader, recovery image. Every one of these segments has an assigned capacity appointed to them. Eg, The Operating System is the most significant segment software that helps User to communicate with the hardware on the device.
The Operating System does the handling of the device hardware and software components. The bootloader comes into play when the device is switched on. Bootloader loads the Operating System into the memory of the device when the device is switched on. And, the kernel is responsible for low-level tasks such as disk management, memory management, task management that happens in the device. The recovery image begins its execution when an update is ready to install provided by the company or when the device can’t work appropriately
If your device is facing any issues then installing the new stock flash file can definitely help you get these issues resolved. A new copy of the above-mentioned components gets installed and can significantly increase the performance of the device. The data stored on the device will be deleted as the process includes factory resetting your device. Keep in mind to make a backup of all the data on your device.
Below are the steps you can follow to install the flash file to your device. You will see how to install the flash files on your Micromax Q380 device.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Flashing the Custom Stock ROM on your Micromax Q380 device can help you to solve these issues –
- If the performance of your device is not as expected and has degraded significantly over the past years then this can be because of some software bugs and the bloatware that got collected on your device over these years, you can fix this issue by flashing the stock file to the device.
- If you lost the lock screen password of your device and cannot reset it then flashing the stock file can help you as we are reinstalling the entire software system on the device.
- Also If your device is stuck in a boot loop then it can also be fixed by installing flash files on your device.
How to install flash file firmware in Micromax Q380?
Here, you will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is provided for only educational purposes. And any damage caused to your device by following this tutorial is your own responsibility. We will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Download Micromax Q380 flash file and the required tools –
Download the files given below and extract the files.
Steps to flash Micromax Q380 firmware file –
Don’t forget to charge your device 70% and up before proceeding with the installation. Use a good quality USB cable to connect the device to your computer. Also, make sure that you have made a backup of all your data.
- You will have to install the Mediatek Driver Autoinstaller on the computer. (If you have already installed then you can skip the following steps.)
- If not already extracted, extract the driver package on your computer on the easily accessible location and now open the folder, double click on Install Drivers file to launch the Driver Installer.
- When the Driver Setup Dialog Box is launched, press any key on the keyboard to continue the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, you can see the Driver Installation Completed message.
- Press any key to exit the Setup and then restart your computer.
- Now you can connect the device without facing any issues.
- Extract the Stock ROM or Flash File which you have downloaded in the previous steps.
- Also, extract the SP Flash Tool on your computer. And then open flash_tool.exe to launch the Flash Tool.
- Once the SP Flash Tool is launched, click on the choose button in front of Scatter Loading file. Now browse for the Scatter File in the Stock ROM or Firmware folder and click on the Open button.
- Untick the Preloader option from the list because flashing the Preloader can brick the device meaning the device will not function properly.
- Now click on the download button located in the header to begin the installation of the flash file.
- If not already, connect your Micromax Q380 device to the computer and press Volume Down or Volume Up keys on your device so that the Smartphone Flash Tool can detect your device.
- After the computer detects your device the flashing process will start automatically soon.
- After the installation of the flash file has completed successfully on your device, a new dialogue box with a Green tick will prompt in the SP Flash Tool.
- Now disconnect your device from the computer.
- And Power On your Micromax Q380 device.
In this tutorial, you have learned how to install flash file firmware on your Micromax Q380 device. You have also learned what is a flash file and what are the different components of the flash file. If your device is not working properly or has some software issues then it might be due to the corrupt system software or bloatware present on your device. These type of issues can be solved by installing the stock flash file on the device.