Micromax is an Indian consumer electronics manufacturer launched back in the year 2000. Micromax started with basic feature phones and progressed towards Android-based smartphones over its tenure. Over the past few years, Micromax has launched hundreds of phones. During the years 2014 and 2015 Micromax was at its peak in the Indian smartphone market. New smartphones coming out every few months, Micromax managed to gain a huge portion of the Indian smartphone market. One such smartphone launched by Micromax was the Micromax q372 also called the Micromax Unite 3 which was a successor to the hugely popular Micromax unite 2. Similar to its predecessor, Micromax q372 was also a very famous device.
During its launch, the Micromax q372 sold in huge quantities. Micromax sold millions of units of this device in the online as well as the offline market. Due to its affordable price and great value for money this device is still used by many people as their primary smartphone. But if a device is so popular then there might be some units that might face some kind of software issue. Generally, such software issues revolve around issues such as frequent restarts, slow navigation, app freezing issues, etc.
But the good thing is that such software issues can very easily be fixed by installing the flash file. A flash file is a collection of few software components which are required for the proper functioning of the device.
In this article, we will see what exactly is a flash file and how you can install it on your device.
What is the Micromax q372 flash file?
Before knowing how to install a flash file on your device we should know what exactly is the flash file. In simple words, a flash file is a collection of a few software components that are necessary for the proper functioning of a smartphone. A flash generally has these four components – the operating system, bootloader, recovery image, kernel, etc. All these components have a predefined function that they need to perform in order for the device to work properly. The operating system handles user input and resource management of the device. Similarly, the kernel provides an interface for the operating system to interact and manage the hardware components of the device. The recovery image handles all the update tasks provided by the manufacturer and the main function of the bootloader is to load the operating system into memory whenever the device is powered on.
If any of these components start to malfunction it can result in a corrupted device. You can easily fix your device by installing the flash file on the device. One thing that you need to keep in mind is that re-installing the flash file will reset your device and any data that is not backed up will be lost.
In the next section, we will see what kind of issues you can solve by installing the flash file on your device.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Reinstalling the flash file onto the device is one of the best ways to resolve any kind of software issue that you might be facing with your device. But keep in mind that installing the flash file can only solve software related issues. If your device has any kind of issues that might be related to hardware then this tutorial is of no use to you. The most common software issues that you might face with your device are –
- If you are logged out of your device and don’t remember the unlock pattern or password to unlock it. In such cases installing the flash files will reset your device and remove any kind of password protection from your device.
- Your device keeps on restarting at certain intervals unexpectedly. Installing the flash file can help the device to solve these kinds of issues.
- If the device is behaving in unwanted ways and you can’t figure out what exactly is wrong then it is very likely that your operating system is having some kind of bugs or glitches that can be easily fixed by reinstalling the flash file firmware.
- If your device goes in a boot loop where it justs keeps restarting over and over again. In such cases also, reinstalling the flash file can help to restore boot files in your device and solve the issue.
How to install flash file firmware in Micromax q372?
In this section, we will see how you can start installing the flash file firmware in your Micromax q372.
This tutorial is only for educational purposes. We will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device by following this tutorial.
Download Micromax q372 flash file and the required tools-
Download the below-given files and extract them to three separate folders on your desktop. Make sure that you keep them in locations where they are easily accessible later on.
We will be using the SP Flash Tool to install the flash files on your Micromax device.
Steps to flash Micromax Q372 firmware file
Before moving forward with the process make sure that you have charged your device to at least 50%. Also, make sure that you use a good quality USB cable to avoid any unwanted errors.
- Navigate to the folder where you have extracted the drivers. Install the drivers on your computer. If you have the drivers installed on your computer already then you can skip this step.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted SP Flash tools. Look for the file with the name flash_tool.exe. Double click on that file to open the application.
- Once the application opens, click on the choose button in front of the scatter file option.
- A new window will pop up where you have to select the scatter file for your flash file firmware. You can find the scatter file in the folder where you have extracted the flash files in the previous step.
- Connect your mobile device to the computer via USB cable. Make sure the device is switched off. If the computer doesn’t detect your device press the volume up or volume down key. It should detect the device now.
- Press the download button on SP Flash Tools to start the flashing process.
- You can monitor the flashing process using the progress bar present at the bottom of the SP Flash Tools.
- Once the flashing process is complete you will see a green circle on the SP Flash Tools window.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and restart it.
Flash files are the software packages that the device’s manufacturer provides along with the launch of the device. Flash files are most useful when you need to repair a software damaged device or need to hard reset it. Flashing the flash files are useful if you want to fix any kind of software issues on your device. If your device is also facing any kind of software issues then you can follow this tutorial uninstall the flash files on your device. We have also given the step-by-step guide and the download links for the required tools and software in this article.