Vivo is an international consumer electronics manufacturing company based in China. Vivo has recently started manufacturing smartphone devices and has been selling them under its own brand name. It is a subsidiary of BBK Electronics, the same company which is also the parent of one plus and oppo. Vivo started its smartphone sale mainly by targeting the offline market as their primary selling region. By offering a higher commission to the shopkeepers, Vivo made better sales quickly in the offline market, unlike their online-only competitors.
Vivo has launched multiple smartphones in recent years and has focused on value for money. One such device launched by Vivo was the Vivo y21l. This device was launched way back in the year 2016 and has been a major seller since then. Vivo sold millions of units of this device over its launch course. The Vivo y21l is praised by many people for its features and value for money that it offers being a 4g volte enabled device which was greatly in demand during its launch days.
One thing to be sure of is that among the millions of units that Vivo sold, few of them would surely have certain software issues such as system slowdown, application freezing issues, frequent restarts, etc. These issues might be troublesome for many people but you can easily solve these on your own by installing the flash file firmware on your device. The flash file firmware is generally provided by the manufacturer right at the time of the device’s launch. Many people still use this device as their primary smartphone might be facing such software issues.
In this article, we will see what exactly is a flash file and how you can install it on your device.
What is Vivo y21l flash file?
Before trying to install the flash file on your device we need to know what exactly is a system flash file. System flash file is a collection of few software components the charge the kernel, operating system, recovery image bootloader, etc. Each of these components has a particular function assigned to them and are vital for the proper functioning of your device. An example operating system is the mother software of the device and is responsible for all the inputs and resource management as required by the user. Similarly, the kernel is responsible for providing an interface between the operating system and the hardware components of the device. The bootloader is responsible for loading the operating system into memory whenever the phone is restarted. The recovery image handles all system recovery tasks and updates provided by the manufacturer of the device.
the corruption or any kind of problem in any of these components can result in a faulty device. This can lead to the device not working properly or as expected. Though if your device is facing any kind of software issues that lie in the premises of frequent restarts, unexpected shutdown, application freezing issues, slow navigation, and freezing of the operating system, etc. Then installing the flash file on your device can help to reset your device and get rid of any of these issues.
In this article, we will see how you can reinstall the flash file onto your device easily.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Before going forward with the procedure make sure that the problems you are facing with your device are one of the below-mentioned problems. Any other issues might be hardware related and cannot be solved using this procedure.
- If you are locked out off your device and don’t remember the password to unlock it then reinstalling the flash file can reset your device. This will also help to remove any kind of password protection or security pin that you may have implemented earlier.
- If your device unexpectedly keeps restarting on its own from time to time then it might be due to a corrupted operating system. Installing the flash file firmware on your device can easily fix these issues.
- If your device keeps on restarting itself without actually powering on completely then you might be stuck in a boot loop. Generally, boot loops can only be solved by resetting the device which in this case can be easily done by installing the flash file on the device.
- If your device has become too slow and you are facing regular app crashes and slow navigation then it might be due to malware in your device. Installing the flash file will reset your device and remove any kind of malware from your smartphone.
How to install flash file firmware in vivo y21l?
To install the flash file on your device follow the below-given steps carefully.
The tutorial given below should be followed with the utmost care and any damage caused to your device the following this tutorial is completely your responsibility. We will not be responsible for any damages whatsoever.
Download Vivo y21l flash file and the required tools
Below we have given the links to the files required for this process. Download these files before proceeding with the procedure.
Download the above-given files and extract them to three separate folders on your desktop.
Steps to flash Vivo y21l firmware file –
Before moving forward the process make sure that a process is not interrupted in between for any reason whatsoever. Any interruption can result in a permanently dead device.
- First of all, we need to install android USB drivers on the computer. Go to the folder where you have extracted the drivers downloaded in the earlier step and install them.
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the QCom phone downloader which you downloaded in the earlier step.
- Look for a file that says gn_qcom_download_tools.Exe. Double click on the filename to launch the application.
- In the application click on the dropdown menu present in the top right corner. From there select the English language as the option. This will help us to understand the software in a much better way.
- Now click on the button that says updatatype and select the option to save production data.
- Now click 3 dots present in front of the softpath button. Select the path where you have extracted the firmware files downloaded in the earliest step.
- Select the file and then click on the download button.
- Now shut down your mobile device and connect it to your computer using a USB cable.
- The installation process should start now. You will be able to see the progress of the flashing process in the application itself.
- When the flashing process is complete, disconnect your phone from the computer. Now hold and press the power button to switch on your device.
- Your device should start normally if everything went as required.
If your Vivo y21l is having any kind of software issues such as app freezing, system slow down, frequent restarts, slow navigation, etc. Then re-installing the system flash file on your device should get rid of any of these issues very easily. Keep in mind that installing the flash file will reset your device. So you should back up any important data beforehand. In this article, we have given a detailed tutorial on what a flash file is and how you can install it on your device.
If you’re a techie & want to get some exposure & make some money, Write for us tech content & tutorial, We’re actively looking for Contributor like you 😉