Vivo is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer that has started selling its phones in multiple different countries. It is a subsidiary of the parent company BBK electronics which is also the parent company of other smartphone brands such as one plus and oppo. Unlike its competitors, Vivo started focusing more on the offline market to increase its smartphone market share. Vivo has launched dozens of smartphones since its inception.
One such smartphone launch by Vivo was the Vivo y51l. It sold millions of copies during its launch period and has been well received by the consumers. Due to its great value for money and the features that it offered Vivo y51l primary device for many people since launch. If a device is sold in such huge quantities it is common for some of them to have software issues later on in the future.
These issues might occur for some people which generally is a minority but still needs to be taken care of. Generally, the software issues that might occur are system slow down, slow navigation, have freezing issues, frequent restarts, etc. These issues can very easily be fixed by flashing something that is called a system flash file. Usually, the system flash files for the device are made available by the manufacturer at the time of the launch of the device. Users can very easily install the flash file on their device to solve such minor software issues. If you are facing similar kinds of software issues on your device then this article will help you to know about what a flash file is and how you can install it on your device.
In this article, we will see what is a flash file and what is its importance. We will also see how you can install it on your device and what kind of issues it can solve.
What is Vivo y51l flash file?
First of all, we need to know what exactly is a flash file. The flash file is a collection of few software components such as the operating system, bootloader, recovery image, kernel, etc. Each of these components has a particular role to play in the proper functioning of the device. The operating system is the mother software of the device and handles all the user interaction and resource management required by the device. Operating system whenever the phone is switched on. It loads the operating system’s initial point into memory so that the operating system can start properly. The kernel provides an interface between the operating system and the hardware components of the device. This is needed for proper communication between the hardware components and the operating system so that the user can use all the features provided by the device.
The recovery image is stored in the firmware of the device and handles all the update related tasks that are issued by the manufacturer. It also helps to recover the operating system if anything goes wrong with it.
Installing the system flash file is useful in cases where either of these four components malfunctions. If your device is not behaving properly and it is majorly due to either of these four software components. Installing the system flash file will reset your device and install a fresh copy of all these components onto your device. Keep in mind that installing the flash file will reset your device. So make sure that you have backed-up all of your important data before proceeding with the process.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Keep in mind that issues only related to software can be solved by installing the flash file firmware on your device. Any issues regarding the hardware taken care of by a professional as it requires repairing the hardware of the device. Below given is a list of common issues that can be solved installing the flash file firmware –
- If your device keeps on restarting itself without actually powering on completely then you might be stuck in a boot loop. Generally, boot loops can only be solved by resetting the device which in this case can be easily done by installing the flash file on the device.
- If you are locked out off your device and don’t remember the password to unlock it then reinstalling the flash file can reset your device. This will also help to remove any kind of password protection or security pin that you may have implemented earlier.
- If your device has become too slow and you are facing regular app crashes and slow navigation then it might be due to malware in your device. Installing the flash file will reset your device and remove any kind of malware from your smartphone.
- If your device unexpectedly keeps restarting on its own from time to time then it might be due to a corrupted operating system. Installing the flash file firmware on your device can easily fix these issues.
How to install flash file firmware in Vivo y51l?
In this section, we will see how you can install flash files in your Vivo y51l easily.
This tutorial is only for educational purposes. Any damage caused to your device by following this tutorial is your own responsibility. Follow this tutorial at your own risk.
Download Vivo y51l flash file and the required tools
First of all, download the below-given files and extract them in three separate folders on your desktop. Make sure these files are easily accessible.
Steps to flash Vivo y51l firmware file
To install the flash file firmware on your device follow the below-given steps. Make sure that you have charged your device to at least 50% and it is switched off.
- The first step is to install the Qualcomm drivers onto your computer. Go to the folder where you have extracted the drivers downloaded in the earlier step and install them. If you have installed these drivers already then just skip this step.
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the QPST tool. Install the tool and go to c:\program files\qualcomm\QPST\bin\ and look for a file with the name QPSTconfig.Exe.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Now launched the QPST tool double-clicking on the QPSTconfig.Exe file.
- Once the tool is launched click on the ports tab if your phone is listed there.
- From the top menu select option start clients and choose the software download option.
- Now you will see a software dialogue box you have to click on the browse button and select the location of extracted firmware file (.Hex) downloaded in the earliest step.
- Click on the browse button present in front of the boot image option and select the boot_loader.Hex file. You can find this file in the folder where you have extracted the flash files.
- Now click on the start button to start the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is complete you will see a green bar at the end of the process.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and restart it
If you followed the process carefully and correctly your device should have a fresh copy of the operating system installed on it. If you are facing any kind of software issue on your device then installing the flash file on it is the best way to get these issues rectified. In this tutorial, we provided step by step tutorial on what exactly is a flash file and how you can install it on your device.