Xiaomi is an International consumer electronics manufacturer and was founded in the year 2010. Since then Xiaomi has also started manufacturing smartphones. The main motto of Xiaomi is providing the best services at the cheapest prices possible. Xiaomi has launched a lot of Smartphones since its Inception in different budget segments. Major smartphone series that Xiaomi has as of now we are redmi, MI, redmi note, etc. With their prime focus on better services for affordable prices, Xiaomi Has expanded to multiple countries Such as India, Xiaomi came in India in the year 2014 and has attained a huge share of the smartphone market portion within few years.
Xiaomi has launched multiple smartphones and its life span one of which was the Mi 4a. It was A third Generation smartphone of the Note series And offered great Features for a very affordable price. Due to its affordable pricing, Mi 4a sold in huge amounts during its launch period. Even today, many people use Mi 4a as their primary smartphone device. For a device that is so popular and has been sold in millions of units. It is very common for some of those devices to have software issues Overtime.
Generally, if your device faces any kind of software issues you need to visit a service center to get it repaired. But most of the software issues such as a freezing, unresponsive operating system, etc. It can be easily fixed by installing the flash file firmware that is officially provided by the phone manufacturer. If your Mi 4a also has some kinds of software issues you can install the flash file firmware And resolve those issues very easily. Keep in mind that installing the flash file from where will reset your device and all the data on it will be last. So it is always recommended to backup your device before doing anything with the phone’s software.
In this article, we will see how you can install the flash file firmware on your Mi 4a And solve any kind of software issue that you might be facing.
What is Mi 4a flash file?
In simple words, a flash file is a collection of a few software supplied by the manufacturer of the device that as the operating system, the kernel, recovery image and the bootloader. all the components of a flash file have their own specific roles. The operating system is the mother software of the device and takes care of all the user interaction and provides communication with the hardware. The kernel is a piece of software that makes it possible for the operating system to interact with the hardware of the device. The recovery image handles all the software updates provided by the manufacturer of the device. Last but not least the bootloader Loads the operating system into the memory whenever the phone is switched on.
If your device has any kind of software issues such as unresponsive apps, freezing issues coma slow operating system and navigation, etc. Then re-installing the flash file firmware Can help you to get rid of these issues and restore your device to its original bugless state.
You should keep in mind that installing the flash file firmware on your device will reset your device and any data on it will be lost. So it’s always recommended to backup your important data before doing anything with the operating system.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
- In case you have forgotten the unlock password or pattern Of your device and are unable to get Past the security lock then the only way to unlock the device is to reset it. Installing the system flash files can help you to reset your device and remove the security password.
- Sometimes due to software issues, the device may go into a boot loop where the device just keeps on restarting continuously. This issue might be caused due to corrupt operating system files. Which also can be fixed by reinstalling the flash files.
- A corrupt or malfunctioned operating system can also behave in unexpected ways. Such as opening unwanted apps on its own and regular app freezing issues. These kinds of issues can also be fixed by reinstalling the flash files.
How to install flash file firmware in Mi 4a?
To install the flash file firmware on your Mi 4a follow the below-given steps carefully.
Note – This tutorial is provided only for educational purposes and any damage caused to your device Is your own responsibility. We will not be responsible for any damage done to your device.
Download Mi 4a flash file and the required tools
We will be using the Xiaomi Flash tool to install the flash file firmware on your Mi 4a. Before moving forward with the procedure download the below give files and extract them to different folders
Steps to flash Mi 4a Firmware file –
Before starting with the procedure make sure that you have Charged your mobile up 50%. This is a necessary step required for the process. In this procedure, we will be using SP flash tools to install the flash file in your Mi 4a.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted the drivers and install them onto your computer.
- Now navigate to the folder where you have extracted the Xiaomi flash tools and install it on your computer using the setup file.
- Once the Xiaomi flash tool is installed, open it by clicking on the Xiaomi MiFlash application from the start menu.
- Now switch off your device and reboot it into fastboot mode. You can open the fastboot mode by switching off your device and pressing the power and volume down button simultaneously for 6-8 seconds.
- Once the device successfully boots into fastboot mode you will see an image of a bunny on-screen.
- Now connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- On the Xiaomi Flash tools, window click on the select button present in the top left corner of the application. Now select the firmware file for your device by navigating to the folder where you have downloaded it.
- Once the flash file is selected click on the flash button. The flashing process should start and you will see the progress of the process in the application itself.
- When the flashing process finishes disconnect your device from the computer and restart it.
If you own a Mi 4a that has any kind of software issues such as frequent restarts, app freezing, slow navigation, and app switching. Then installing the flash file firmware in your device can help to solve these issues very easily. Here we have given a step by step tutorial to reinstall the flash files in your device.