Xiaomi is a consumer electronics manufacturing company that was founded in the year 2010. Since its inception, Xiaomi has been manufacturing smartphones and many other consumer appliances. With their motto of providing the best quality services at the lowest price possible, Xiaomi has captured a huge portion of the smartphone market in China as well as India. Xiaomi came to India in the year 2014 with its budget segment phones that created a huge wave of hype among the Indian customers. This is mostly due to the high specifications and low price tag of the devices that Xiaomi launched during that period. One such device was the MI Note 4. Mi Note 4 sold like hotcakes during its launch period
Xiaomi sold millions of units of the MI Note 4 during its launch period. Since a huge amount of this device was sold, a lot of people still use the same device as their primary smartphone. Since the device is being used by so many people it is common to have some occurrences where the device may be malfunctioning due to any software issues. Such issues may be – frequent restarts, unresponsive apps, slow operating system, etc. But problems such as this can very easily be solved by installing the flash file firmware provided by the company itself. Flash file firmware is a collection of a few software that is necessary for the device to function properly and are generally supplied by the phone manufacturer itself at the time of the device’s launch.
In this article, we will see what a flash file is and how you can install it on your Mi Note 4 and solve any kind of software issue if any at all.
What is Mi Note 4 flash file?
A system flash file is a collection of a few software such as the operating system, kernel, the recovery image, the bootloader, etc. A system image is completely responsible for all the software related Functions and features of your device. The operating system is the most important software of your device. It is in control of all the device’s features. Similarly, the kernel provides an interface for the operating system and the hardware to communicate with each other and share information. The bootloader is responsible for loading the operating system into memory whenever the phone is switched on. The recovery image is responsible for installing the updates for the operating system. If you feel that your device is having any kind of software issue, then installing the system flash file again on your device should reset your device and solve any kind of issues that it has.
If your MI Note 4 has any kind of software issues such as slow operating system, unresponsive navigation, Malware problems, slow processing speeds, etc then re-installing the system flash file will surely solve these issues and make your device look completely new in terms of software. One thing to Make sure before installing the system flash file on your device is that the issues you are facing are completely related to software and not hardware. As any hardware related issues need to be taken care of at the hardware level and reinstalling the system software will not rectify them.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
- If you have forgotten the unlock pattern or the password to unlock your device and are unable to access it then flashing the file firmware will reset your device after which you can access your device.
- If your device goes in a boot loop where it justs keeps restarting over and over again. In such cases also, reinstalling the flash file can help your device to get back to its original state.
- If your device is behaving in unwanted ways and you can’t figure out what exactly is wrong then it is very likely that your operating system is having some kind of bugs or glitches that can be easily fixed by reinstalling the flash file firmware.
- If your device keeps on restarting itself on certain intervals unexpectedly. Installing the flash file can help the device to get back to its original bug-free state.
How to install flash file firmware in Mi Note 4?
If you want to install the flash file firmware on your Mi Note 4 then follow the below-given steps carefully.
Note – The below-given tutorial may result in a completely dead device if followed incorrectly. Do it at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Download Mi Note 4 flash file and the required tools
To start with the installation procedure we first need to download a few files that include the flash file firmware and the tools necessary to install it on your device. Use the below-given links to download these files.
Once you have downloaded these three files copy them to your desktop. Extract them in three separate folders so you can access them easily later on.
Steps to flash Mi Note 4 Firmware file –
Before starting with the procedure make sure that you have charged your device to at least 50%. It is a necessary step for this procedure. We will be using SP flash tools to install the flash file firmware on your Micromax a311.
- First of all, go to the folder where you have extracted the drivers and install them on your computer.
- Now take your device and power it off. Remove the back cover of your device and also remove the battery. If the battery is not removable just leave the device in the power-off state.
- Now on your desktop go to the folder where you have extracted the SP Flash tool and open the folder. You will see a file named flash_tool.exe. double click on the file to launch the SP Flash tool.
- Once the SP Flash tool is loads, click on the choose button in front of the scatter file option.
- A new window will open where you have to choose the scatter file for your Micromax A 106. You can find the scatter file where you extracted the flash file archive in previous steps.
- Once the scatter files loads properly, you will see a list of different files on the SP flash tools. Make sure you can take the option that says Preloader or Preloader.bin
- Take your mobile device and connect it with your computer via USB cable.
- If the computer doesn’t detect your Micromax a311 just press the volume up or down button on your device. This will help to make the device visible to the computer.
- After the computer detects your mobile device click on the download button in the SP Flash tool.
- The flashing process should start now. You will see a small progress bar at the bottom of the SP flash tools when the process starts.
- Make sure you do not disturb the computer or the mobile device until the flashing process is complete.
- A green ring should pop up on the screen once the flashing process finishes.
- You can now close the SP Flash tool and disconnect your mobile device from the computer.
- Insert the battery back into your Micromax A 106 and power it on. If everything went correctly the phone will restart and look completely new in terms of software.
If your Mi Note 4 is having any software issues such as frequent restarts or maybe you forgot the password to unlock your device. In either case, installing the flash file firmware on your device and resetting it should solve the problem very easily. Following the above-given tutorial will help to solve any kind of software related issues on your Micromax a311.