Yu is a sub-brand of Micromax which is an Indian smartphone manufacturing company. Micromax has been around since the year 2000 which started as a consumer electronics manufacturer for the Indian audience. Later on, they pivoted to the smartphone business and have launched hundreds of smartphones and feature phones since then. Yu is a sub-brand of Micromax that especially focuses on providing affordable and great quality smartphones targeting the younger Indian audience. The devices under the sub-brand focused on features and freedom for the user to modify the device’s operating system as per their requirements.
One such device launched by Yu was the YU5010 also called as the Yu Yuphoria. This device was amongst the first generation of smartphones launched by the subbrand. This smartphone was very highly appreciated by the Indian audience during the launch period Yu sold millions of units of this smartphone.
Even to this day a huge number of people still use this smartphone as their primary device. Since YU5010 is an android-based device, over time with lack of updates the devices tend to get slower and laggy. Sometimes this might result in corruption of the system files leading to a dead device. It might also happen that while tinkering with the system files you may have done something that might have corrected the operating system and killed the phone.
In such situations, the best way to fix the device is to install the stock flash files onto the device provided by the manufacturer which is Yu in this case. In this article, we will see what exactly is a flash file and what are the benefits of installing it. We will also take a look at how you can install the flash files in YU5010.
What is the Yu YU5010 flash file?
Before we move forward with on how to install a flash file we need to know what exactly is a flash file. The flash file basically is a collection of few software components that work together so as for the device to work properly. Typically a flash file contains these four components – kernel, operating system, bootloader, recovery image.
Each of these components has a designated role to play in the functioning of the device. The most important component is the operating system which is also called as the mother software of the device. The operating system handles all the user input and interaction and also manages all the resources of the device. The kernel is a software component that provides a bridge or an interface between the operating system and hardware components of the device.
The kernel provides a medium for the operating system to control the hardware aspects of the device. The recovery image handles the recovery features of the device that are needed when the operating system is not functioning properly. The bootloader is a component that plays an important role when the device is being powered on. Bootloader loads the operating system files into the memory of the device whenever the device is powered on. If either of these four components malfunction or get corrupted then it could result in a partially or completely dead device.
If your device is dead in terms of software functionality or isn’t functioning properly then it is highly possible that either of these or multiple numbers of components among these have failed. The best way to revive the device and such cases is to re-install the flash file. Doing this will reinstall a fresh copy of all these four components on the device resolving any kind of issues that you might be facing.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Installing the flash file on your device has quite a few advantages when it comes to repairing software damage. IT will also reset your device to its factory settings by installing a fresh copy of all the software components present in the flash file. This helps to replace or repair any damaged software components of your device. You can solve the most kinds of software damages to your device by this method. But keep in mind that any kind of hardware damage is not repairable by installing the flash files. Some common issues that you can solve by installing the flash file on your device are –
- Installing the flash file is a great option in case you have forgotten the security password for your device. Installing the flash file will reset your device and will also reset the security password.
- If your device is facing frequent restarts randomly then it can be due to malware corruption or faulty system files. Such issues can be fixed if you install the flash files on the device. Doing so will factory reset your device and make it completely new in terms of the software.
- If the applications on your device are crashing regularly or not performing as this should it might be due to a corrupted operating system or system files. such issues can be solved easily by installing the flash file onto the device again.
How to install flash file firmware in Yu YU5010?
In this section, we will take a look at how you can install flash files on your Yu YU5010.
This tutorial is provided only for educational purpose. Any damage caused to your device by following this tutorial is not our responsibility. Try this at your own risk.
Download Yu YU5010 flash file and the required tools
For the flashing process, we will need to download a few files. Download the below-given files and extract them to an easily accessible location.
We will be using the YGDP flash tool for the installation process.
Steps to flash Yu YU5010 firmware file –
It is highly recommended to use a good quality USB cable for this process. This will ensure that the connection between your phone and your computer is secure. Also, charge your device at least up to 50% before proceeding with the process.
- The first thing that we need to do is to install usb drivers on to your computer. Go to the folder where you have extracted the download usb drivers from the previous step and install them.
- Now navigate to the folder where you have downloaded why YGDP flash tools and install it using the installer file.
- Once the installation is complete navigate to the folder where you installed the flash tool and launch it by double-clicking on YGDP_ tool.exe file.
- The tool will ask you to enter a password on the login screen. Enter 369 or 9527 and click ok on the login button.
- Select the config button present in the top left corner of the application.
- Now a new window will pop up where you have to select the CPB flash file for your device. Browse and go to the folder where you have downloaded the firmware files and select the appropriate one.
- Switch off your mobile device and connect it to the computer using a usb cable.
- Click on the start button in the YGDP tools Window to start the flashing process.
- After a successful flash, the YGDP tool will show an upgrade successful message on the screen.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and restart it.
In general, terms flash files are a collection of a few software components that are necessary for the proper functioning of a device. If either of the corresponding components of a flash file fails to perform their jobs, then the device stops working properly. Installing the flash file is a great way to restore your device into a completely new state in terms of the software. In this article, we explained what exactly is a flash file and we also explain the process of how you can install it on your device.