Redmi is a sub-brand of Chinese electronics company Xiaomi. Xiaomi manufactures and sells almost every type of electronic items that are present, from the vacuum cleaner, electric scooters and toothbrush to Mobile phones. Xiaomi was founded in 2010 and it’s sub-brand Redmi was founded later in 2013. It is still the number 1 mobile brand in India with a market share of 30% as of quarter 1 of 2020. Redmi phones use the Xiaomi MIUI user interface on top of Android and is a successful sub-brand of Xiaomi. Note series of Redmi is the most successful in the lineup of Redmi.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 or simply Redmi Note 3 was launched by Redmi in the year 2016 in the month of March. The smartphone comes in two variants 2 GB RAM / 16 GB internal storage and 3 GB RAM / 32 GB internal storage. It is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 processor with Hexa-core (4 x 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2 x 1.8 GHz Cortex A72) CPU and Adreno 510 GPU. The device comes with a massive 5.5 inches of IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display that supports up to 16M colours and with a massive 4050 mAH battery. Redmi Note 3 comes with a 16 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera, both the cameras support recording up to 1080p.
The device comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow so you can have some trouble installing a few new apps that don’t support this version of Android.
What is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 flash file?
Generally, the flash file is the combination of these following components. First is Operating System, it is the most important software component that helps us to harness the power of the hardware present on our device. Second is the bootloader, it is responsible for loading the operating system in the memory / RAM when the device is booted up. The third is Kernel, it is responsible for disk management, memory management and other resource management on the device. Fourth is recovery image, it helps the device when any of the updates is ready to install or when the device can’t work appropriately.
If any of the above components don’t function as they were supposed to then installing the flash file can help you regain this functionality. Flashing the flash file reinstalls all the above components and if there was any problem in the components this can help.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Installing the flash file on your Redmi Note 3 can help you solve the issues mentioned below –
- If you have lost your device’s unlock password or pattern and hard reset or factory reset is not working then installing the flash file can help you solve this issue.
- If the performance of your device is not as it was 1 or 2 years back then this can be because of bloatware then flashing the file can help you significantly increase the performance of your device.
- It can also solve the problem of boot loop.
How to install flash file firmware in Xiaomi Redmi Note 3?
Don’t forget to follow all the steps because if the flash file is not properly installed it can brick the device.
Also, don’t forget to backup all your data as this flashing process will delete all the data your device.
Here, we will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is only provided for educational purposes. Any harm caused to your device by following this instructional exercise is your own obligation. We won’t be liable for any sort of harm to your device.
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 flash file and the required tools
Download the files given below and extract the files. Make sure that you extract them to the work area as we have to get to them later on.
Steps to flash Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 firmware file –
Take a decent quality USB link before continuing with the process of flashing the file to your device. Ensure that your device is charged up to 50% before trying to install the flash file to your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 device.
There are 2 methods to install the Qualcomm Driver.
- Using Auto Installer
- Download and extract the driver from the above-given links.
- Setup is for both 32 bit and 64 bit PC
- Simply run the .exe file and installation will complete
- Manual method
- Download the driver and connect the phone then hold both Volume key.
- Right-click on QHSUSB_BULK and select Update Driver Software in the dialogue box.
- Click on Browse My Computer For Driver Software to install it manually.
- Select let me pick from a list of device driver on My Computer.
- Click on Have Disk… present on the bottom right side.
- Click on Browse and then choose the Qualcomm Driver Manual.
- Choose x86 or x64 depending on your computer properties.
- Open x64 bit and select ‘qcser’ file.
- Click on OK then Qualcomm HS USB QDLoader 9008 & Click Next. Select Install Software Anyway.
- Installation of the driver is now Done.
- Now let’s install the tool.
- Click on Select and choose the path of the flash file.
- Also, make sure there is no space between the path of the flash file as this can result in Error.
- Now connect your phone if not connected already.
- Hit the Refresh button and it will show the device under ID as COM3.
- Click on Flash button to begin the installation of the flash file.
- After the installation process is completed close the flash tool and exit.
In this blog post, we have learned what is a flash file and what type of benefits we get by installing the flash file on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. We have also learned how to install Qualcomm Driver on your computer and flash file on your Redmi device using the Mi Flash Tool.