Lephone is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer company that has produced a good amount of Smartphones over its course. Lephone tries to provide great value for money to its users with advanced features for affordable prices. One such phone launched by Lephone was the w7. The lephone w7 was sold in millions of units during its launch period and was greatly appreciated by the users.
The device was so popular that many people even today, use it as their primary device. With millions of units being sold the lephone W7 ought to have some kind of software issues overtime in the future. If you own a lephone, w7 and have any kind of software issues such as slow operating system, frequent restarts, automatic shutdown, etc. Then you will be pleased to know that you can solve all these issues by reinstalling the stock ROM. Or the flash file firmware on your device And solve all these issues very easily. Mostly all the manufacturers release the stock ROM on the flash file firmware for the device during its launch period. Users can use this flashfile to reset the device and get rid of software issues such as those mentioned above.
In this article, we will see what is a flash file and how you can install it on your device.
What is Lephone W7 flash file?
Flash file firmware is a collection of few software components that govern all the functions of the mobile device. The components are operating system, boot loader, recovery image, and the kernel. The operating system takes the input from the user and provides an interface for the user to operate the device the kernel provides an interface for the operating system to communicate with the hardware of the device. The recovery image handles all the updates issued by the manufacturer of the device. The task of the bootloader is to load the operating system into memory whenever the phone is powered on.
If anything goes wrong with either of these components your device can malfunction and not work properly as expected. Some of these issues can be corrupted operating systems, frequent restarts, application freezing issues or just poor battery backup. All these issues can be solved by reinstalling the flash file firmware on your device. Generally, all the manufacturers release the flash file For the device at the time of its launch. This is useful for the people who want to solve common software issues in the device on their own without having to visit a service center.
One thing to keep in mind is that reinstalling the flash file from where it can only solve issues related to the software. Anything that concerns the hardware components of the device can only be fixed by replacing or repairing the hardware part.
In this article, we will see how you can install the flash file firmware on your device and what are the benefits of doing So.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
- If you have forgotten the unlock password or pattern to access your device then re-installing the flash firmware can help you to reset the device. This way you can gain back access to your device.
- It can also help if the device is not restarting and goes in a continuous loop where it keeps on restarting itself, which is also called a boot loop then re-installing the device will help you to recover your device From the boot loop.
- If your device has become slow or unresponsive then also installing the flash file can help you to regain the responsiveness of your operating system.
- If your device restarts frequently on its own it is a sign of corrupted software files that can be fixed by installing the flash file firmware on your device.
How to install flash file firmware in Lephone W7?
To reinstall the flash file firmware on your lephone w7 follow the below-given steps carefully.
Note – This tutorial will reset your device and can lead to a completely that device not followed correctly. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device by following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
Download Lephone W7 flash file and the required tools
Before going forward with the tutorial we will need some files that are required for this process to download the files from the links given below.
Download all the three files extract them to three separate folders on your desktop for better accessibility later on.
Steps to flash Lephone W7 Firmware file –
Before going for their with the procedure make sure that you have charge your device at least 50%. It is extremely important for this process. In this tutorial, we will be using the YGDP flash tools to install the flash file on your device.
- The first thing that you need to do is install the Android USB drivers. For this go to the folder where you have extracted the drivers downloaded in the previous step. Find the installation files and install it on your computer.
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the YGDP tool on your computer.
- Open the folder and look for the filename that says why ygdp_assembly.exe. double click on the file to launch the application.
- Once you open the YGDP flashing tool you will be greeted with the login screen. Where you have to enter a password. Enter 369 or 9527 as the password and click on the login button.
- Now once on the main screen of the tool click on the config button present on the top left corner.
- You will see a new window popup where you have to add the CPB firmware file For your Android device.
- Click on the folder icon In front of the CPB file and select the folder where you have extracted the firmware file downloaded in the first step. Now click on the apply button.
- Now power off your device and connect it to your computer via USB cable.
- Once the computer detects your mobile device click on the start button in the flash tool.
- The flash and process will start and you will see an upgrade successful message on the screen once the process is complete.
- If everything went as expected you should have the stock flashfile ROM installed on your mobile device.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and press the power button until it restarts.
If you have a lephone w7 that is having certain software issues such as frequent restarts or app freezing issues. Then you can fix the issues without having to visit any service center or repair shop. You can do this by installing the flash file firmware on your device on your own. You will need a computer and your mobile device for this process. Follow the tutorial given in this article to install the flash file in your device.