Redmi was introduced as a Sub-Brand of Xiaomi in July 2013. Founded by Lei Jun and six others in 2010, Xiaomi is a Chinese company. The company manufactures and invests in smartphones, mobile apps, laptops, home appliances, bags, shoes, consumer electronics, and many other products. Xiaomi is mainly focusing on designing and manufacturing of flagship-level smartphones, while Redmi is focusing on designing and manufacturing of budget and entry-level Android smartphones. Xiaomi and Redmi combining hold a market share of 30% in India. Redmi smartphones are famous in India because they sell smartphones that use less-expensive components and thus have lower prices while having higher specifications.
Redmi 2 was one of the launches of the first smartphones by Redmi that gained popularity in the mobile phone market. The device was launch back in January 2015 and this was one of the first smartphones coming with the support of 4G (LTE). Redmi 2 comes with a powerful Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 (28 nm) chipset with Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 306 GPU. The display on Redmi 2 is 4.7 inches IPS LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with 312 PPI density. The device comes in two variants 8GB 1GB RAM, 16GB 2GB RAM. Talking about cames on the device, it comes with the main camera of 8 megapixels with LED flash and front camera of 2 megapixels. All these components are powered by a 2200 mAh Li-Po removable battery.
Redmi 2 runs MIUI 6.0 which is based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. MIUI is one of the most popular custom ROMs in the Android community. But MIUI has some disadvantages like the device is shipped with a lot of bloatware and contains a lot of ads.
What is the Xiaomi Redmi 2 flash file?
Before installing the flash file on your Xiaomi Redmi 2, you should know what is a flash file and what are the different components the flash file is made of. In short, the flash file is the software component that manages mobile software and hardware present on the device. The flash file is made up of 4 main components. Operating System is one of the software components that help the mobile device used to communicate with the hardware present in the device. The bootloader is the second software component, it is responsible for loading the operating system in the memory / RAM when the device is booted up. The third is Kernel, it is responsible for disk management, memory management and other resource management on the device. Last is the recovery image that comes into play when the mobile device can’t work appropriately.
Flashing the flash file reinstalls all of the above components. If there was any problem in the components this can help. Below is the list of the problem that can be resolved by installing the flash file on your Xiaomi Redmi 2 device.
Installing the flash file can solve these problems –
Installing the flash file on your Redmi 2 can help you solve the issues mentioned below –
- In case, the Redmi 2 device is stuck in a boot loop. Then installing the flash file can solve the problem of boot loop.
- Also, if you have lost your device’s unlock password or pattern and hard reset or factory reset is not working then installing the flash file can help you solve this issue.
- If the performance of your device is not as it was 1 or 2 years back then this can be because of bloatware then flashing the file can help you significantly increase the performance of your device.
How to install flash file firmware in Xiaomi Redmi 2?
Don’t forget to follow all the steps because if the installation of the flash file is not proper then it can brick the device. Also, don’t forget to backup all your data as this flashing process will delete all the data your device. Here, we will see how you can install the flash file onto your device.
This tutorial is only provided for educational purposes. Any harm caused to your device by following this instructional exercise is your own obligation. We won’t be liable for any sort of harm to your device.
Download Xiaomi Redmi 2 flash file and the required tools
Download the files given below and extract the files. Make sure that you extract them to the work area as we have to get to them later on.
Steps to flash Xiaomi Redmi 2 firmware file –
Use a good quality USB cable for connecting your Redmi 2 device to the computer before trying to install the flash file to your device. Also, make sure to charge your device up to 70% before performing the below steps.
- We have to install the Android ADB Driver on the computer. (SKIP the driver installation if they are already installed on your computer system.)
- Extract Android ADB Driver on the computer and then Open Device Manager on the computer.
- Press the Win + R key from the keyboard to open Run.
- Then type the following line in the input area “devmgmt.msc” and then click on OK Button.
- After the Device Manager is Launched, Click on the Computer Name. Now click on the Action button present in the Header of the Device Manager.
- Now select the Add Legacy Hardware option.
- Under the Add Hardware Box, Click on the Next Button and select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced. Now click on the Next Button.
- Click on the Next Button then Click on the Have Disk button.
- Click on the Browse button and locate the .inf file that can be found in the extracted folder. Then Click on OK.
- Now click on the Next button, again Next and finally click on the Finish button. The driver installation is now successful and we can proceed for installing the flash file on the Redmi 2 device.
- Extract the Xiaomi MI Flash Tool and Open the Flash File by double-clicking on the MiFlash.mse file.
- After opening the Tool, click on the “select” button. Now select the flash file that is download using the link above.
- Click the OK button then the Finish button, the flashing process will start.
- After installing the flash file you can see the “success” message.
In this post, you have successfully learned about the installation of the flash file on your Redmi 2. You have also learned what is a flash file. You have also learned how to use the Xiaomi Flash Tool for installing the flash file on the Xiaomi or Redmi device.